Blocked - Progress Update and Future Plans

For now I have been working on creating a more sophisticated level generation system, which will allow the creation of more complex levels. Once this is done I will be releasing lots of new levels!

Since this game is for part of my degree at university, and the main focus of the game is the level generator, this will be my focus for now. However I plan to continue working on the game after my degree too!

-- Future Plans --

As far as things to do after I finish university, I have had a few ideas for things to include in the game. None are definite, just ideas I've had:

- New blocks
I'd like to have new blocks that do different things. I like the idea of a 'teleporting' block, so if there are two one a level, if you pass through one you will be transported to the other teleport block moving in the same direction. I've also thought about having small triangular blocks that 'bounce' you 90 degrees.

- New modes
Since adding the scoring system, I think this adds a more 'arcade' feel to it, where race to score as well as you can. For a different style of play I would like to add a 'casual' mode, to allow play on any level, but with no score and no timer.

- Multiplayer mode
This is just a distant idea, but I like the idea of players either racing to get to a goal (where players would pass through each other), or some type of coop mode, where players can hit into each other to reach new places, to work together to reach the goal.

- Level creator

Although previously mentioned, this is no longer something I am aiming to do for my degree, although is still something I would like to include at a later date.

- Some cosmetic changes
It's not worth doing in terms of my degree, but I still plan on creating a help screen with instructions, and I'd like to make everything look a bit fancier, art however is not my forte, and so is likely not to be done soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment